Newsletter No. 35
Our Lady Leads us to The Eucharist
On the Feast of Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary, Our Holy Father will unite with the Bishops from around the world in Rome and entrust the world to her. Together they will pray the Most Holy Rosary in Our Lady"s honor. Let us pray the Rosary before the Blessed Sacrament.
Excerpts from Loving Jesus With the Heart of Mary, Rosary Meditations, available through us:
The Joyful Mysteries of The Rosary
1. The Annunciation: Joy of Saying "Yes" to God The "yes" of Mary gave us The Holy Eucharist, as the body of Jesus was formed from the Immaculate Heart of His Mother, from whose flesh Jesus took the flesh He gives us in the Blessed Sacrament. With each "Hail Mary" we pray, we say "Yes".
2. The Visitation of Jesus and Mary: As John the Baptist recognized Jesus hidden in the womb of Mary, the first tabernacle of the Lord, so we now recognize Jesus hidden in the Blessed Sacrament, the mystery of our faith. With each "Hail Mary" we pray, we trust.
3. The Birth of Jesus in Bethlehem: The Holy Eucharist is the continuation of Christ"s incarnation on earth,the mystery of The Eucharist gives us the joy of having Christmas every day. When we come to the Blessed Sacrament we come to Bethlehem, a name which means "house of bread". With each "Hail Mary" we pray, we unite ourselves to the perfect adoration of Jesus through Mary.
4. The Presentation and Consecration of Jesus In the Temple: In our total consecration to Mary, she takes all our thoughts, words, and actions and makes them pleasing to Jesus by purifying them in her love, clothing them in her merits, and presenting them to His Eucharistic Heart. With each "Hail Mary" we pray, through Mary - 'totally Yours, Totus Tuus'.
5. The Finding of Jesus In The Temple: Mary found Jesus after He had been lost for three days. What unbearable pain she felt in losing Him! What indescribable joy she experienced in finding Him! The whole life of Mary is now spent in helping all mankind to find Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament. With each "Hail Mary" we pray, for the joy of redemption.
The Sorrowful Mysteries of The Rosary
1. The Agony In The Garden: The Agony He suffered was the realization that the Holy Eucharist would be rejected by so many and appreciated by so few. To reject the Holy Eucharist is to reject Jesus Himself. He pleaded 'Could you not watch one hour with Me'. With each "Hail Mary" we pray, may Jesus in the most Blessed Sacrament be Adored.
2. The Scourging At The Pillar: The Eucharist flows from Our Lord"s Passion. It is the sweet fruit of all His sufferings: You were delivered by Christ"s blood beyond all price, the blood of a spotless unblemished Lamb'. With each "Hail Mary" we pray, to be pure in thought and deed.
3. The Crowning of Thorns: We meditate on the crown of thorns not only around the head of Jesus, but also around His Sacred Heart. It is there that He suffers more now than He did during His entire Passion, due to the ingratitude of the world toward His love in The Eucharist. With each 'Hail Mary" we pray, in reparation for the indifference and ingratitude.
4. Jesus Carries His Cross: Jesus kissed and embraced His Cross for love of us because by His holy cross He would become one with us in The Eucharist. The Eucharist is the gift of Our Lord"s Passion. With each "Hail Mary" we pray, help us to fulfill our daily duties in life.
5. The Crucifixion And Death Of Jesus On The Cross: There is nothing more that Jesus can give us than the complete gift of Himself in this Holy Eucharist. He gave up His Body on the cross for love of us that He may give His Body to us in The Holy Eucharist to be one with us forever in everlasting glory! With each "Hail Mary" we pray, draw all men to Your Eucharistic Heart.
The Glorious Mysteries of The Rosary
1. The Resurrection: Jesus is alive today in The Blessed Sacrament! The Eucharist is Our Risen Lord, where all the power of His resurrection flows out to all who come into His Eucharistic Presence, increasing within us His very image and likeness. With each "Hail Mary" we pray, Jesus, increase our faith in Your Real Presence.
2. The Ascension: Mary is the perfect adorer of the Sacred Humanity of Jesus in The Eucharist; The Body Blood, Soul and Divinity of our Blessed Lord. After His bodily ascension into Heaven, Mary spent her whole life before Jesus in the Holy Eucharist. With each "Hail Mary", we pray, we beg you, with Mary, bring hope to all mankind.
3. The Descent Of The Holy Spirit Upon The Apostles And Our Lady: The apostles were gathered around Mary in prayer when the Holy Spirit descended upon them as tongues of fire, that same fire of divine love that inflames the Heart of Jesus in The Eucharist, where the very 'love of God is poured into our hearts'. With each "Hail Mary" we pray, Come And Renew The Face Of The Earth!
4. The Assumption: Mary is assumed into Heaven and Her Heart is made forever one with the Heart of Jesus. These two Hearts beat as one. Where Jesus is, Mary is also. She is called Our Lady of The Blessed Sacrament. With each "Hail Mary" we pray, for union with The Eucharistic Heart of Jesus!
5. The Coronation: Mary is raised to the height of glory because she allowed God to bring her to the depths of humility. Jesus, through Mary we humbly surrender our hearts to You, in response to The Eucharist where You give Your Heart to us. With each "Hail Mary" we pray, for The Triumph Of the Immaculate Heart Of Mary, and The Reign Of Your Most Sacred Heart in every heart 'That God May Be All In All'! (Copyright, Missionaries of the Blessed Sacrament. All rights reserved.)
Prayer to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, truly present in the Holy Eucharist, I consecrate my body and soul to be entirely one with your heart, being sacrificed at every instant on all the altars of the world and giving praise to the Father, pleading for the coming of His kingdom. Please receive this humble offering of myself. Use me as you will for the glory of the Father and the salvation of souls. Queen of the Most Holy Rosary, and tender Mother of all people, I consecrate myself to your Immaculate Heart, and recommend to you my family, my country, and the whole human race. Please accept my consecration, dearest Mother, and use me as you wish, to accomplish your designs upon the world. O Immaculate Heart of Mary, Queen of Heaven and earth, rule over me, and teach me how to allow the Heart of Jesus to rule and triumph in me and around me, as it has ruled and triumphed in you. Amen. Sacred Heart of Jesus, Immaculate Heart of Mary, protect us!
Contact us to schedule a Missionary, obtain information, and materials in starting Perpetual Eucharistic Adoration:
Missionaries of the Blessed Sacrament
PO Box 1701, Plattsburgh, NY 12901
Phone: (518) 561-8193 Fax: (518) 566-7103
Start Perpetual Eucharistic Adoration in your parish today!